Sunday, March 1, 2009

25.02.2009 - Wednesday

Making the raviolis!!
Delicious raviolis!! :)

So last night, I was unable to watch a movie on youtube. It was quite a bummer because I was really wanting to watch ‘Once Upon a Star.’ Ha, it was like one of my favorites when I was younger, a Disney movie I believe. The reason I wanted to watch it was because Jenny, one of the Iowa girls, was like ‘I used to watch it on youtube all the time,’ so I was like ‘What?? You can do that…’ ha, then it made me think of how much I would like to see it. I can’t believe I didn’t bring any DVD’s!! I am not use to having a laptop and normally I watch my movies on the TV. Ha, o well, I have a list started of all the movies I want to see when I get home!! :)
Today my phone rang at 7:30am and it was Ryan!! We talked for about 45 minutes and then I realized what time it was and I had to go because when Ry and I talk, I stay in bed because the phone isn’t cordless, so I am unable to get ready and talk at the same time, ha! I had to get going because I wanted the maids to come in and clean, so I had to be out of the room by 8:30ish. I wanted to go walking, but Cassie wasn’t up, so instead of going by myself, I just stayed in the building and went to the computer lab downstairs to check my email and listen to my ipod. I was only downstairs for about 30 minutes, and then I went back upstairs and my room was clean!! :) Yay, unfortunately the floor was really dirty because I tracked in some mud one day, that’s why I wanted the maids to clean my room really bad!! :) I decided to do my workout and make it a little harder because I hadn’t walked today. After my lovely workout, I took a shower and got ready for Italiano class. Today we learned A LOT…all about the past tense and how to conjugate irregular and regular verbs, wow was it a lot!! 4 days left of that class…I can do it, I just have to study lots so I can do well on the final!! :) Once Italiano class was over at 5pm, Cassie, Bethany and I walked over to the Foto shop to pick up the pictures I had gotten developed, it was on our way to Christina’s for cuisine!! :) Dinner tonight was DELICIOUS!!!! :) We made HOMEMADE ravioli! It was a lot of fun!! Once everyone was there, we went into the kitchen where 5 bowls were out on her island and already had ingredients in them to make the pasta. We all paired up and added an egg to the mixture and then after it was all mixed up, we kneaded the dough. You had to knead the dough for 10 minutes!! After we did that, we wrapped up the pasta and put them in the fridge to set a bit. As they were setting, we went into the other room and gave our presentations. I didn’t have to present, but I still had to write the paper. Once everyone was done presenting (4 people total), we went back into the kitchen to let the fun begin. We took the dough out of the fridge and then we ran the dough through this one machine which was attached to the end of her counter, made for making pasta. As some of us were rolling the pasta through the machine, others were making the ricotta/spinach mixture and the pumpkin mixture which we were going to put inside the raviolis. It was a lot of fun!! Half of the dough balls we made were white and the other half were green (spinach pasta). Then after all the dough was made into thin long strips, we were able to make the raviolis. At first we did the spinach ricotta, we put little globs of the mixture on the pasta and then folded over the pasta and made whatever shapes we wanted to, to create the raviolis. It was a lot of fun!! I made about 5 different shapes and then made a heart shaped one for Ry!! :) It was a lot of fun making the raviolis!! I definitely want to do it when I get home. Then, when we put the raviolis on the stove in boiling water, they literally took 5 minutes to cook, it was crazee, all that work and then just 5 minutes to cook. Christina made the sauce to go over top of the raviolis and it was soo good!! It was made up of butter, water and sage leaves. I helped her with that and tore up the sage leaves and put them in the butter. After we poured the sauce over the raviolis, we all went into the other room to enjoy our homemade raviolis. O man, talk about delicious!! Then, we went into the kitchen to do the pumpkin filled raviolis. We used both spinach and plain pasta to fill with the pumpkin mixture. The sauce was butter, water and chestnuts. Man, these were ever good as well!! They were really sweet though, so it was good that we all just received a smaller portion of this serving. After the raviolis, we had some cheese, we had two different kinds, I am unsure of what kind though. They were both sharp cheeses and I enjoyed them!! Then for dessert, we had a fruit cake…it was really dense and sticky. Actually while us girls were in Siena, we picked this dessert up for our teacher, so we could have for dessert tonight. It was definitely different. Tonight’s class was rather long, we didn’t get home till 11:45pm!! Once I got to my room, I got ready for bed and then Ry and I chatted on Skype for a bit, and then he called me from his cell on his way to class. We talked for like 30 minutes and I told him how good dinner was tonight!! :) I LOVED it!!
Well everyone sorry I a little behind, the internet has not been that great, so I have been unable to post anything.
Hope you all have a great day!!
Love and miss you ALL!!!
CIAO!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment