Monday, March 30, 2009

27.03.2009 - Friday

On our way to the top
At the garden

This morning I got up at 7am and got ready/packed up before having bfast at 7:30am. After bfast, I ran up to my room, grabbed my bags and met up with everyone in the lobby. We all left the hotel at 8:30am for Caserta and by 10:30am we were there. The bus parked in an underground parking garage which was really close to the garden we visited which was called the Royal Palace in Caserta. The tour guide was with us again for this field trip, but I couldn’t hear him once we got to the palace/garden, so I listened to my ipod instead throughout the palace and took pictures while following the guide. USAC provided sack lunches today, so while we were walking through the palace, I ate one of my sandwiches. At 12pm we were free to walk around the garden, so we had 2.5hrs to do so. Jenny, Amy, Cassie, Bethany and I walked to the top of the garden and back down in total of 3 miles. It was just a long stretch of water with a few fountains…but mainly water. On both sides of the water, there were path ways and you could either walk or get a ride from a bus. I enjoyed walking right along the water looking at all the different fish. Once us girls got to the top, we sat along the edge of the fountain and just hung out and ate our food. After we were done eating, we walked back down and once we got closer to the palace, we sat down in the grass and just hung out and chatted until 2:30pm rolled around. The bus ended up taking off at around 3pm and after driving for 2 hours we stopped at a truck stop so everyone could use the bathroom and what not. They gave us 30 minutes to do so and then we were all back on the bus headed for VT (Viterbo). By 7pm I was in my room and it felt nice to be by myself and chill. It’s very hard to travel with a bunch of people because everyone acts/thinks differently so I have definitely learned to be more patient…but I really enjoyed coming home to my own room alone. :) I was able to get some internet so Ry and I got on Skype for about 45 minutes and then Ry had to go to work. I wasn’t hungry once dinner rolled around and I didn’t have any water at all because I guess when we were gone the hot water went out, so they were fixing it today and we should have some water tomorrow. Hopefully we do, otherwise I’ll have to go to the Iowa girls apt to shower!! :) All in all the week was good and I saw a lot of things and purchased some things as well, which was great!! :) I hope you all have a great weekend!!

LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL!!

CIAO!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment