Friday, March 6, 2009

06.03.2009 - Friday

St. Peters Square
In St. Peters Basicila :)
Michelangelo's Pietà in the Basicila
Berninis Baldachin in the Basicila
Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel!!!
:)

Today was a great day!! :) It started off by my phone ringing at 5:30am, Ryan was on the other line!! :) He called me on his way home from work and I had my alarm set for 6, so we talked until 6am. After we hung up, I had a bowl of corn flakes in delicious chocolate milk and then I got ready for the day. Today we had to meet our class at Porta Romana by 7:45am, so Cassie, Bethany, Chris and I left the dorms at 7:15 and walked to the train station. Once we got to the train station, we ran into the others and our train was there, so we boarded it. By 10am we were in St. Peters Square!! :) Time number 2 for me being in this square…last time I was with my family though!! Aw, Sara, haha – remember when we went into St. Peters Basilica and we had to put pants on over top of our shorts because you are not allowed to wear shorts inside?? And it was summer time and rather hot with those pants on, by the end our pants were like sticking to us!! Ha, I was cracking up today when I saw the sign which said not to wear shorts in order to enter!! :) We walked around the Basilica for a good amount of time with our class and I snapped away…I took some really great pictures, so I was excited!! After the Basilica, we had 25 minutes to grab some lunch, so Cassie, Bethany and I went to this pizza place and each grabbed a slice. It was not that good, let me tell you and it was not that filling, but that was ok, I just needed a little something to hold me over until HARD ROCK…yep…we went again!! But after our pizza, we met our class in the center of the square and then walked to the Vatican Museum. As we turned the corner, memories came back of when I was last there with my family, it was crazee!! I saw the entry doors and just remember my family all gathering, getting ready to enter…aww..ciao mia famiglia, magari potessi vederti (hello family, I wish you all were here)!! :) As we entered the Vatican, our class went straight to the back of the Museum, to the Sistine Chapel. Our teacher had to leave an hour after we got there, so she wanted to cover the Sistine first before she had to leave. I was in total shock!!! Once we reached the Sistine Chapel, everyone had their cameras in the air and were taking FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!! That is definitely unheard of in the Sistine Chapel!!!!! I seriously was in ‘awe’ and extremely excited, so before we were all told to stop, I turned my camera and my flash on and went crazee!!! I took 25 pictures on my big camera, and 4 on my smaller camera!! Then within not even 5 minutes of being in there, this lady came on the loud speakers and was like “We ask you kindly to not take ANY photos and to be silent, thank you!” Then like 3 guards came out and were being soo strict about taking pictures, luckily I didn’t have to sneak any, because they were walking around acting like hocks after the lady announced that. YAY!! I GOT GOOD PICUTRES OF THE SISTINE CHAPEL!!! :) Talk about exciting!!! After the Sistine Chapel, our teacher left us and then we all went into the Raffaello rooms to look at his work. Then we walked around the Vatican for a little bit longer and then Cassie, Bethany, Corinne, Alex, Brooks and I all went to the Hard Rock Café where I got a Red, White and Blue Burger with an Iced Tea!! Yummy!!! :) Mmm…my mouth was watering when that plate of food was in front of me…the burger was really good!! After hanging out at the Hard Rock for a bit, we decided to catch the 6pm train back to Viterbo because it was a fast train home. So we left Hard Rock and before I knew it, I was back in Viterbo in my room by 7:45pm!! When I opened my door to my room, I looked straight ahead and was not too happy with the maids!!!!!! They had put my freezer bag (which I leave on my window ledge to keep the things inside cold) inside on my extra chair I have in my room and pushed it right up against the heater, so my milk was definitely warm aka spoiled!! I was so upset because that is the only reason I go to the grocery store like every 2 days max…for milk!! Now I do not have any milk for my cereal in the morning!! :( At least if you are going to take my freezer bag and put it in my room (which you shouldn’t do anyways because it’s not yours), you shouldn’t put it right up against the heater...?? O well, its over and done with!! I called Cass and told her and she invited me to go to her room for bfast tomorrow morning because she has enough milk for the both of us!! :) How nice of her!! :) At around 9pm, Ry and I talked on Skype for a bit and then he had to go to work, so he called me on his way to work and I told him about my day…IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!! I am just really excited about all of the FABULOUS pictures I took, which I will upload this weekend for you to see!! :)
I hope you all had a great day, talk to you tomorrow!!
CIAO!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment