Sunday, March 22, 2009

20.03.2009 - Friday

Being goof balls :)
HUGE 'Free Willy rocks'!! :)
Town of Riomaggiore, where we stayed
Me in Monterosso...we climbed that rock behind me!! :)
Love you babe!!
Gorgeous sunset in Riomaggiore!!

This morning my DADDY-O called me at 1am!! He woke me up, but it was perfectly fine, I love talking to him!! :) We talked for like 15 minutes and then he told me to go back to bed, so I did. I had my alarms set for 3am and I guess I shut them both off, because I didn’t wake up until 3:30am, when Ryan called…wow, thank you Ryan for calling me!! :) Ha, I would’ve missed the train to Cinque Terre, for sure!! :( Ry and I talked for a bit and then I had to go and get ready/finish packing my backpack. For bfast this morning, I had enough milk for a bowl of cereal, so I had a bowl of GP’s and a banana with PB on it…yummy!! :) Since our train was leaving from Porta Fiorentina (right near the dorms) at 5am, Cassie and I left the dorms at 4:45am and decided to take our short cut, but it POURED the night before and our short cut was completely flooded, so we had to walk around. We ended up running through the parking lot towards the train station because we didn’t want to be late!! We made it to the station before 5am and boarded the train which Jenny, Amy and Beth were already on. Once our train reached Roma Termini, we had to transfer onto another train to Riomaggiore, which was a fast train. Once we got to Riomaggiore, we got off the train and walked around the town and stopped in a few shops where I found a patch, which was great. After shopping for a bit, we found our hostel and paid for it. Then when the hotel man gave us our keys, he told us to walk up these steps and he would meet us up at the top…he was going to take his car!! I should have joined him in his car…I now know why he didn’t walk with us!! Haha, we had to climb 200 (we counted) STEEP steps to get to the top of the hill where I room was located. Ha, it was too funny because us 5 were walking up and laughing because they were like NEVER ending steps!! We finally made it to the top and waited for him to drive up. Once he parked, he showed us our room and left. We all decided to unload some of our stuff and then check out the rest of the towns, so after we unpacked our backpacks, we decided to grab some lunch. After walking down the 200 steps, there was this restaurant where we ate it and sat outside. It was an enclosed outside area. I had a cheese pizza and a diet coke. I haven’t had a coke in forever, it was great for a change. After lunch, we decided to walk towards the water where we ended up climbing out onto these rocks that reminded us all of Free Willy. Ha, the rocks where huge, some white and some gray, all fun to climb on. While we were walking from rock to rock, I found myself a stick and used it as a walking stick, ha! We hung out on the rocks for a long time, just enjoying the gorgeous view of the water and of all the houses, each different colors, with different shutter colors. After the rocks, we went to the train station where we got on the train to Monterosso (the furthest town of the five) which only took like 15 minutes to get there. When you are standing at the train station and you look out, all you see is water…it was GORGEOUS!! :) Us girls walked down to the beach where we saw this huge rock protruding into the water from the shore, so we decided to climb it and hang out up there for a bit. It was a good thing I had my walking stick, it came in handy. Ha! The view was amazing, everywhere you looked you saw water and it was crystal clear…kinda reminded me of Barbados…but the beach here had little pebbles, not fine sand. :) After the beach, we went back to the main street which was along the shore and looked at all the shops. While we were walking, there was this one area and it had cacti…I was amazed…ha, a little bit of AZ was in ITALIA!! :) All the towns are TINY, so we didn’t spend a whole bunch of time, but enough to soak it all in. After Monterosso, we got back on the train and went back to Riomaggiore and I ended up buying fruit from Coop. O my, their Coop in this town was too cute!! It was the smallest grocery store I have EVER seen!! You literally walk in and barely have enough room to turn around, but yet there is everything you need in there!! :) It was neat to see. Our plan for the night was to watch the sunset, so I stopped in a cafĂ© to buy a hot cocoa before we went to go watch the sunset. We all decided that we wanted to go back to the ‘Free Willy rocks’ and watch the sunset. So that’s just what we did!! :) We ended up getting there pretty early, we were unsure of when the sun was going to set, so we hiked up the mountain a bit, so we were able to see the sunset and the ‘Free Willy rocks’ :) I believe it was close to 7pm when it finally set, so we got down from the rocks and went back up near the hotel where a restaurant was. For dinner, I ordered a pesto dish…Cinque Terre is famous for their pesto sauces, it was really good!! Our room was literally 10 steps away from the restaurant so after dinner, we went home and were all in bed by 9pm!! It was great because tomorrow is going to be a long day of hiking, I cannot wait!! :)

Love you all!!

CIAO!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment