Monday, March 30, 2009

26.03.2009 - Thursday

This is why I love clouds!!!!
REALLY good chicken!!
Even though we got ripped-off on these 'icees', I really liked it!! :)
At Villa Rufolo

This morning we left on two separate buses, our one large bus was too big for the narrow roads we went on. So at 8:30am, we headed for the Amalfi Coast and were there by 10:30am. Again, we had a tour guide with us, so four of us broke away from the group and checked out the shops around the town. Someone from the group saw us and called our names aloud and since everyone then saw us, we had to join back with our group. Ha, we ended up going into the Amalfi Duomo and we were in there for about an hour and then we had free time for lunch. A bunch of us went to this one sit down restaurant where I got grilled chicken and French fries. The chicken was really tasty, I squirted lemon on top of it and the fries were really good because I had ketchup!! :) Mmm!! Right after I was done eating, Ryan called my cell phone and I was able to talk with him for a few minutes!! :) After lunch, we had like 10 minutes until we had to meet up with the group. There I found a few souvenirs, one for me and one for Nan and Poppo!! :) From Amalfi we took the bus to Ravello where Villa Rufolo (a garden) was located. The road to get there was extremely curvy and somewhat scary. Our bus driver is crazee and so are the narrow streets!! Once we got to the garden, we had 2 hours to hang out and walk around. The girls and I walked around the garden and then we went out to the shops which were near the garden and then we ended up sitting on some steps in the sun to catch some rays before we had to get back on the bus. We left for Sorrento at 4pm to get back to our hotel. The ride was 2 hours long and we went the back way home (so not along the coast). It actually started to rain while we were driving home, so there was a huge rainbow in the middle of the town and it was fun to see because we were on the mountain looking down on the town!! :) Once we got to the hotel, Amy and Jenny hung out in our room before dinner which was at 7:45pm. We had pasta, which was delicious…it had meat sauce on it but it was really good. For the main meal we had fried pork with potatoes and for dessert we had nasty ice cream cake…I didn’t know it was possible, but I now know that it is. :( Once dinner was over, we all went back to the room and watched TV…in English btw and Ry called me around 9pm!! Tonight was an early night, I was in bed before 10pm!!

Love you all!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment