Sunday, March 29, 2009

24.03.2009 - Tuesday

Look how BIG that lemon is!!!
Inside the Ancient Pompei Ruins, being silly
"Caution to head" is what the sign says above me!!
How short were the men back in the day?? Crazee!!


In Sorrento having fun with the self-timer function!!
I am sorry it is sideways, wanted to show you this tree...it has both lemons and oranges on it!! Crazee!!
My cutesy new PINK and ORANGE flip flops!!

Today we toured the Ancient Pompei ruins. I woke up at 6:50am and went straight down for bfast. I had two bowls of corn flakes with sugar on top and I had a bun which I toasted and put strawberry jam on. After bfast, I went back up to my room and got ready for the day. At 8:15am, we were to all meet upstairs to leave for Pompei. It took an hour and a half to get there and once we got there, I saw the BIGGEST lemons I have EVER seen in my life at this one stand which sold water, soda, etc. at…they were crazee!! By 10am, we were inside the ruins and were following our tour guide. He was really knowledgeable but I wish we had some time to walk off from the group and check things out…but we couldn’t. We were in the ruins for 2 hours and then we were scheduled to get lunch at another restaurant across the street. Pizza was what we got served for lunch, but since I cannot eat it anymore, I didn’t get one. Instead I went up to one of the girls who work for USAC and asked if I could get a salad instead. Luckily that was possible, so I got a salad with mozzarella, tomatoes and cabbage on it. I ate it all…it was soo good!! :) I didn’t eat the dessert that was served…it was like a sherbet gelato but it wasn’t that good, so I didn’t eat it. After lunch, we got back onto the bus and we were suppose to go to hike the Vesuvius mountain, but there was really bad weather today so the buses couldn’t drive up it. Back to Sorrento we went where us girls went shopping. By the time we got back to Sorrento it was around 2pm which meant ‘pausa pronza’ was occurring and none of the shops were open, so we went down near the beach and just sat on this wall and listened to the water. After hanging out there for a decent amount of time, we went back to the shops because they were now open. I found this store where this man makes you shoes in less than 5 minutes, so I found a pair I liked and I got me some leather flip flops made for myself!! :) He was super nice and it was really fun to watch him make the flip flops!! I found a pair that I liked, but I wanted to get different colors, so I picked out pink and orange and he said that that was fine, so I now have custom PINK and ORANGE flip flops made for me!! :) SO exciting!! Dinner was at 7pm back at Hotel Rivage and we had pasta, pork and potatoes and a mushy apple for dessert. I don’t understand their concept of fruit as dessert?? Ha, if there was like chocolate to dip it in or something, that would be a different story!! Haha, dinner was good though. At 9pm, Ry called me and we talked just for a few minutes because it’s expensive to call my cell phone for him, but it was great to hear his voice!! For the rest of the night, Amy just hung out in our room and I was in bed by 11pm, another big day tomorrow!!
Love and miss you all!!
CIAO!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment