Sunday, March 29, 2009

23.03.2009 - Monday

In the museum with the girlies

This morning I woke up at 5:45am and Ry called me so we could talk before I left for SIT (Southern Italy Tour). After we hung up, I finished packing and I had a bowl of GPs. At 6:40am, I was out the door and off to the ATM aka Bankomat (that’s what they call ATMs here in Italia) to grab some money for the week. After I got some cash out, I walked to the Taxi Station where everyone was ready to go. Our bus (which was new, we were the first to ride in it) came at 7:15am and we were on the road by 7:30am. After driving for 2 hours, we stopped at a gas station which had a cafĂ© inside and I grabbed a blueberry muffin because they are very rare out here…I don’t understand why the bakeries don’t have muffins?? Once we were back on the bus, we still had a few more hours until we were in Napoli. Since we were a bit behind schedule, when we got to Napoli, we had to hurry off the bus to get to the restaurant which was waiting for us – USAC arranged this lunch for us. We got pizza…surprised? Ha, it was the last pizza I will eat out here, unless a crazee craving comes along. Don’t get me wrong, the pizza was good, but I am just sick of eating it. Ha. After lunch, we got back on the bus which took us to an archeological museum which had Pompei ruins inside. We were there for a few hours and had a tour guide to inform us about what we were viewing. After the museum we got back on the bus and took it to Napolis famous “East and West Street” where I got gelato from a shop that was the first on that street…in 1894. From Napoli, the bus took us to Sorrento where our hotel was located. It took quite a bit of time to get there because the traffic was really bad, so we didn’t end up getting to the hotel until 9:30pm. Dinner was being served right when we got there, so we went to our rooms to put our luggage away and then we went to go eat. Pasta was the first dish, chicken/potatoes were next and for dessert we had kiwi. I was freaking when I got the chicken on my plate because it was like the full thing, not a breast. I am sure that I did not get all the meat off of it, but I was full after a few pieces. After dinner, Cass, Bethany and I went up to our room and got ready for bed. I am glad to be home and updating my blog for all of you!! Hope this past week was fun for you all!!

LOVE YOU!!

CIAO!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment