Monday, March 30, 2009

28.03.2009 - Saturday

This morning Ry called me at 7am so we could get on Skype to talk for a few hours before I went to the Saturday Market. I ended up leaving the dorms with Cass at 9:30am and we walked over to Amys apt to get her and all of us went to the market to see what we could get. I was very sad because the shoe man wasn’t there this week and this will, I believe, be the last weekend of me going to the market!! :( I did score though, I ended up buying like 12 scarves, 5 silk pillow cases and a few things for Ry. After the market, we went to the international store to look to see if the patches and shirts were in yet, but they were not…they said a few more weeks, so hopefully that’s when the order will be in!! :) Today was basically ‘destination HD’ because I saw last week on a billboard that today was the Grand Opening of Harley Davidson VT, so Amy and I wanted to go – me to look for my dad and her for her uncle. So after taking Linea A (the bus) we got off at Villanova which was really close to Via dell’Industria, the street in which HD was on. Terranova, a clothing store, was right across the street from the bus station, so we went in and I ended up buying a tank top that was 2euros!! Ha, gotta love the good deals out here!! After that, us girls were getting hungry, so we stopped in a new store we found called Conad which is better than just a grocery store!! Ha, it was kinda like a Walmart, but a lot nicer!! It was very exciting walking through there and we ended up buying strawberries and some other snacks and after we paid for our groceries, we went out front and ate our food while sitting on these concrete blocks in the front of the store. Everyone who passed looked at us weird, but we didn’t care, we were too hungry!! After we finished our snacks, we continued on to our journey to HD. FINALLY after walking for some time, we saw a small sign that said ‘HD’ on it, so we kept walking. After walking at least 2 miles down that street, we found it…but we were 30 minutes late…they were closed, ha, if only we didn’t stop in Conad!! But really Italianos, what’s up with closing mid-day on your grand opening?? O well…we walked back to the bus stop and got there at 3pm, perfect timing to catch the bus!! Cass and I ended up getting of the bus before Amy did and we went to Ipercoop to get some groceries for tonight’s dinner!! Tonight we ate over Amy’s apt, Beth and Jenny are in Roma with their families. We went to Amy’s at 6:30 for dinner and we made a big salad with grilled chicken, avocado, carrots, celery, croutons inside and I had my salad with both ranch and Italian dressing on it!! It was soo good!! We also had an artichoke dip that Amy made and ate it with really soft bread (Sara, you would’ve liked it!) This salad was seriously the best salad I have ever had, probably because I haven’t had one like it in quite some time now!! :) For dessert, Amy made this fruit dip sauce which was amazing!! I normally don’t like cream cheese, but it was basically cream cheese, butter, you know, all the healthy stuff. It was amazing. We cut up kiwis, strawberries and pineapples for it and it was delish!! :) We were home by 11:30 which was really 12:30 because of day light savings time. How confusing is that…thank you AZ for never doing it! So now, just a little FYI for you all, I am 9 hours ahead of you!! :) Once I got to my room, I got ready for bed and was out of it!! Lots of walking today, it was a lot of fun and funny as well!! HD cracked us up and how it was closed, it would only be open half day for the grand opening!! Italianos are crazee!!

Love and miss you all!!

CIAO!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment