Thursday, March 12, 2009

12.03.2009 - Thursday

This morning I got out of bed at 7:30am because all of the classes were located at SMG today because we had “International Day” which means I had to leave at 8:30am for Gardens at 9am!! :) I guess a bunch of University advisors from the States are here right now checking out the program…there are like 20 of them and they are going with us tomorrow on our Gardens field trip. At 7:45am, Ryan called me and then by 8:30am we were on our way to class. Class went by fast, we had mini presentations which we had to present our Gardens. For a final project in that class, we are to create a garden for someone and draw it to scale…where is AutoCAD when I need it?? Ha, too bad I only put it on the home computer, I could have had that garden drawn up in minutes. AutoCAD by the way is a program that I use for design…you are able to create floor plans/3D objects, basically whatever you want and once you know it, I feel it is easy to use. :) Back to the good ol ruler and paper for this Garden project!! It will be fun to draw it up though…I am going to do a garden for CHIEF!! Once I draw it up on paper, I’ll try and take a picture of it and post it on my blog…it isn’t due till April 30th, so I have some time!! :) After Gardens, the Iowa girls and I hung out and booked our tickets to POLAND!! We are going to go to Krakow and Auschwitz the first weekend in May!!! :) I AM SOO EXCITED!!! It is going to quite the experience to visit the concentration camps…WOW!! After we booked the tickets, I walked back to my room because Ry and I made plans to talk on Skype at 3pm while I was at SMG because I had another class at 4pm but there were no outlets that I could find, and my laptop has to be plugged in while I am using it, so I wanted to get back to my dorm so I could talk to him!! :) I ended up getting back to my room around 1pm and Ry got onto Skype at 2:30pm and we talked for an hour, then I had to walk back to SMG. Since it was “International Day” we had a get together at 4pm at SMG, but I had class at 4:30, so in that half hour, I grabbed a few snacks that were put out on a table and I saw some art work that my fellow students did, they were pretty cool. Now I am wishing I did the Studio Art class. I think I am going to go sit in on their class a few times to watch what they are working on!! Survey of Art started at 4:30pm and it was the last class with our teacher Geraldine (I figured out her name today, ha!). I guess for this class we have a total of 3 teachers in the semester?? It’s kinda confusing, but next week is our final and she will not be there, so the following week we will have a new teacher. Once we get the new teacher, we will be having class on Mondays at 9am, so no more long weekends for me!! :( Class went by really fast because it was basically only an hour. By the time we got a computer set up in the room (we are normally not in that classroom) it was 5pm and class ended at 6pm because Geraldine had to leave to go to the train station, she lives in Roma! After class, I walked to the Foto shop and picked up my photos I got developed and as I was walking home I stopped by Despar to pick up some milk for the morning, but Despar was closed!! I don’t understand that store!! I forgot it was Thursday and they are closed at 5pm on Thursdays, or something crazee like that!! So I went home milkless and got home at around 7pm. Tomorrow will be fun, we are going to the garden in Caprarola, I am excited!! At around 8pm, Ry and I got on Skype and talked for a bit, but he has lots of homework due tomorrow, so I let him go. As far as me, I am going to go to bed after I post this, it’s almost 10pm and I have to get up early tomorrow morning for the field trip!! :)
LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL!!!!
CIAO!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment