Friday, March 13, 2009

13.03.2009 - Friday

:)
Standing on top of the hedges!! Ha!
Love these trees and clouds!! :)
View of Caprarola

This morning my dorm phone rang a little after 7am…it was Ry!! :) I was out of it like the whole phone call (sorry Ry), and after we hung up I really wanted to go back to bed, but I had to get up and get ready for the day. So at 7:30am I got up and did just that. After I was ready, I had time to go down to the dungeon and make myself some scrambled eggies, so that’s what I did!! At 8:50am, the girls and I left for the Taxi Station because we were told to meet there at 9am to leave for Caprarola (Palazzo Farnese). We left around 9:15am and the ride was only about 30 minutes long. The garden we visited today was pretty cool. First you had to go through the home in order to see the garden. So back in the day when someone was living in the home, you had to be invited over in order to see the garden. As we walked through the home, it was FREEZING!! Ha, the rooms had really neat frescos in really good condition, so they were neat to see. After walking through the home, we walked out to the garden, and it was really big and spread out. After walking up a few steep hills, we reached the ‘Pleasure Garden.’ It was a bummer because all the water was shut off today, so it wasn’t the same. It wasn’t even that cold out today, so I don’t know why it was off, but when you don’t hear/see the water flowing, it just isn’t the same :( The garden itself though was really cool. Like I said, it was really spread out, so once we got to the top, it was a large open area which was the ‘Flower Garden’ without flowers for the time being. Ha. I went over and sat on the wall and caught some rays with the girls. It was a really nice day out today!! After the garden, we got back on the bus and once we got to Viterbo, we went into a church near Porta Romana, which I have never been in until today. I didn’t spend much time in there, the main thing to see was a fresco in which a man from Viterbo, in the 14th century painted and it is said that Raphael (Raffaello-Italian name, I saw some of his works in the Vatican) was inspired by this painting and then he himself painted ‘The Wedding of the Virgin.’ Pretty crazee!! :) After the church, the girls and I went to Despar to pick up some lunch meats, etc. Once I got home, it was around 1:30pm and I made myself a delicious lunch. I had a wrap and a fruit salad with banana, kiwi and strawberries in it…very yummy!! :) After lunch, I did a bunch of nothing really, just hung out on my computer and uploaded pictures and then I decided to do my workout before taking a nap. Once I woke up from my nap, I had a splitting headache!! :( Quite a bummer, I had to cancel with the girls, it was ‘bake night’ at the Iowa girls place…I think they are making Monster Cookies…never had them, but I guess they are like a mixture of all the best ingredients!! Ha, I am sure they will make them again this semester, so I will hopefully make it to that ‘bake night’!! :) Since it was only 6pm when I woke up from my nap, I had to get up for a few hours because I don’t want to wake up super early tomorrow!! Ha. I decided to do some homework for Cuisine and get it out of the way. As for the rest of the night, I will finish uploading my photos and finish up these few assignments and then I will go back to bed for the night!! :)

I LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL!!

CIAO!! :)

*Pictures to come of the garden once I upload them!*

No comments:

Post a Comment