Sunday, March 29, 2009

25.03.2009 - Wednesday

In Capri...missing my family
It's crazee how the water in the Grottos change so drastically, such a pretty teal color!!

This morning, again, I woke up at 6:50am and went downstairs for bfast and then came back upstairs after to get ready. Today was a free day and us girls decided to go to Capri. At 8:50am, Jenny, Amy, Cassie, Francesca and I left the dorms to go catch a boat to Capri. Today it was really busy so they were using the ‘jets’ to get to Capri so the tickets were a bit more expensive, but it only took us 40 minutes to get there. :) At 10am when we got to Capri, we went and bought our Grotto Boat tickets which we got a student discount for…YAY!! Our apt for the boat ride was at 11:30am, so we walked around and checked out the shops and before I knew it, we were on the boat!! It was soo much fun, definitely very relaxing and the grottos were gorgeous!! We saw the Green and White grotto, but the Blue Grotto was closed due to high tide…it was crazee how high the tide was…you could barely see the top of the Grotto!! All you were able to see was the water being spit out of the top of it!! We not only saw the grottos, we also saw the ‘Romantic Arch’ and we drove underneath it and we saw a few famous peoples homes at the top of the island. After the hour boat ride, we were all ready for lunch, so we hiked up to the ‘centro’ where we ate at this restaurant called Isidoro. I ordered a cheese omelet and it came with French fries…it was so yummy…I asked for it to be well cooked and it was prefecto!! :) After lunch, we hung out in the center and checked out most of the stores and then decided to go back down to ‘il porto’ (near the water) where we tried to rent a scooter, but the man was like ‘too dangerous for girls’ so I was upset. O well, I will rent one else where because I have to ride one while I am out here, it’s a must!! Dad you are probably reading this and not too happy to hear about that because I know you don’t like them, but I will be careful!! :) Since it was close to 4:25pm, we decided to take the earlier boat home because there wasn’t anything else to do on the tiny island Capri. The ride back to Sorrento only took 20 minutes, it was great!! Once we got back home, we have to pass the shops in order to get back to the hotel, so of course I have to take a look at everything!! Ha, I ended up buying something for Ryan and another pair of shoes for me!! This time I got a pair of wedges…I am always trying to find a low pair of white wedges, so I figured why not just get a pair made for me!! :) My friend was there again and he didn’t charge me extra to get the wedge…what a nice guy!! :) After shopping, Ryan called me when I got back to the hotel and we chatted for a few minutes and then I went to dinner, it was at 7:30pm tonight. We had pasta, meatballs/potatoes and for dessert flan. Didn’t get any because I know I don’t like it. Instead a group of us went and got some gelati after dinner…I got cafĂ© and it was delish…still the best is the one right near my dorm!! Yummy!! After gelato, we stopped at this market where Amy bought a chocolate Easter egg…she was curious to find out what was inside, so she bought one. When we got back to the hotel, Amy, Beth and Jenny came into our room and we opened the egg. At first we didn’t think anything was inside and then we found this gorgeous bracelet inside made out of beads. Ha, it was funny, we had this huge Easter egg and a tiny bracelet came inside!! The chocolate was REALLY good though, so we all hung out for a bit while we snacked on the chocolate and then I went to bed. Tomorrow is the Amalfi Coast which will be fun!!

LOVE YOU ALL!!

CIAO!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment