Sunday, February 1, 2009

30.01.2009

Frascati Garden, garden above the fountains...
Steps at Villa d'Este (Tivoli) Garden
The Ovate (or Tivoli) Fountain
Ha, inside a tree!!
Neptune Fountain, with the Organ Fountain behind it

Today I woke up at 6:45am because we had to be to the Taxi Station at 8:20am, because the bus was going to be leaving at 8:30am. The girls and I left the dorms around 8am and headed for the Taxi Station. We are definitely early, but better to be early, right?? :) Once we were all on the bus, we took of to go see the Garden in Frascati. This garden was not very big. You walked up and saw this huge building and behind the building were fountains and a garden above the fountains. We weren't there for every long and then we headed off to Villa d'Este (Garden in Tivoli). I liked this garden much more. It was bigger and you were able to walk around and take lots of pictures because there was lots to look at. The garden was a lot bigger than the last, but the steps you took, from getting from one fountain to the next were sooo steep!! Definitely a leg workout!! Ha, the fountains were so pretty though, tons of water and lots of noise was produced from them...very tranquil. I am enjoyed this garden. At 2:30pm the "Organ Fountain" played a little jingle and you were able to hear it throughout most the garden. We were standing right in front of it while it played-the way the music was sounded was from the pressure of the water hitting certain pipes, making the noise that we all were able to hear-very interesting!! Once the song was over, we had like 20 minutes till we had to be back on the bus. There were lots of little shops in front of our bus, so I checked them out and bought a few things - Sara, you are going to LOVE what I found you!! :) Once it was 3pm, we got on the bus and headed back home to Viterbo. Tonight was an early night, so I came home, got ready for bed and then my dorm phone rang....it was my DAD!!!! :) I was SO excited when I heard his voice, the only thing was it was soo staticy, so I couldn't hear him all that well, but I was still so glad that we were able to talk for a few minutes!! Love you daddy-o, MISS YOU!! Mama mia and sis, LOVE and MISS you both as well!! :)
Today was a fun day, can't wait to see all the other gardens that Italia has to offer, LOVE and MISS you ALL!!!
ARRIVEDERCI!!

No comments:

Post a Comment