Monday, February 9, 2009

04.02.2009 - Wednesday

Today I woke up at 8:15 and then went for a jog with Cass and Bethany at 9am. We figured we would get out of our rooms so the maids could come in and clean up for us!! They come every other day, but some days I don’t have them clean because I don’t want to get up that early!! Ha. So today we went jogging and it was really nice out, which was great!! We went behind where the dorms are located and went through a few neighborhoods, then we took the long way home, which was fun to get a different view of the town! We also saw some shops/bakeries which we hadn’t seen before, and those are always good to know where those are located!! Ha, after our jog, we went up to our rooms, grabbed our laundry and went to the laundry mat. Downstairs in the dorms, there are only two washers and one dryer…which was broke. So there is this laundry mat near the dorms which we went to. It was very interesting going in there….we put our laundry in and then hesitated a bit as to how to work the machines and then all of the sudden like 5 Italianos came up and took over, they grabbed our money and our soap and did it all for us!! Ha, it was pretty funny though because they were all talking, and for some reason, when you tell them you don’t speak Italian, they speak to you more and go on and on for minutes…it’s like I JUST told you I DON’T speak Italian!! Haha, very entertaining because it ALWAYS happens like that!! Once our laundry was done, we left the ‘laund-o-mat’ and it was pouring outside!! Luckily for me I brought my umbrella in my purse, but the other girls did not, it was very entertaining for me to watch them because they were holding their laundry above their head and by the time we got home, it was soaking wet!! I honestly think that it was the hardest rain we have had since we have been here!! Haha!! Once we got home, I put away all my laundry and made my bed with my clean sheets and then did my “mini-workout.” After I was done with that, I took a shower and got ready for class. Italiano class from 3-530pm…today it went 30 minutes longer because I guess we are loosing a day some how, so in order to make it up, we have to stay 30 minutes longer for 4 classes total. After class, Cass, Bethany, and the Iowa girls (Jenny, Amy, and Beth) went to Ipercoop to pick up food for dinner!! I bought stuffed chicken with mozzarella and spinach and we bought French fries because all the others bought chicken nuggets. Once we got done shopping, we went to their apartment to prepare dinner, and it was pretty good!! We put the fries in the oven and I cooked up my chicken on the stove. After eating and chatting for a few hours, we decided to leave their apartment around 9:30pm and head home. Once I got home, I got ready for bed and was out of it!! Yay, tomorrow is Thursday, almost the weekend…FIRENZE E PISA!!!

ARRIVEDERCI family/friends, LOVE and MISS you ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment