Sunday, February 22, 2009

20.02.2009 - Friday

At the garden..Palazzo Piccolomini, Pienza
Beautiful Siena sunset

Today Ry called me at 7am and we were able to chat for about 30 minutes, then I had to hang up and pack for this weekend. While I was getting ready, I enjoyed a bowl of Golden Puffs and chocolate milk…lots of chocolate milk!! Ha, I had to finish all of my milk because it would’ve gone bad since I won’t be here till Sunday. Freezer bags don’t tend to work like refrigerators, its sad! I am actually contemplating on purchasing a little fridge or not…I just don’t want to spend that money and then loose it at the end…that would not be worth it, perhaps I’ll buy it and return it…hmm…ha, that doesn’t sound like a bad idea…now that I said that, I am definitely going to take a look into their return policy!! :) I just got REALLY excited!! Ha!! :) Sorry, back to my day…at 8:45am, the girls and I left the dorms and went to the Taxi Station where we had to meet our group to get on the bus. We went to Pienza with two other classes, so the bus was packed. Some how I lucked out and the seat next to me was open when the bus took off, so I was able to stretch my legs out and dangle my feet into the aisle!! :) It was a two hour bus ride and when we arrived, we had about a 3 minute walk to get to Palazzo Piccolomini-where the garden was located. We had a tour guide which took us through the FREEZING cold house!!! It was wayy more cold inside than it was outside!! After the hour tour, we walked out into the TINY garden and took some pictures. Then we had a little more than an hour of free time, so Cassie, Bethany and I went to the Tabacchi and bought our bus ticket to Siena. By 2pm, the class bus left us and us three sat at the bus stop till 2:40pm and then got on the bus to Siena. It scared us though because the bus was suppose to be there at 2:30 and was 10 minutes late…seems to be the thing to do-be LATE!! :/ The bus ride to Siena was only about an hour long. Once we were off the bus, we saw there was a “Coop” (Ipercoop-grocery store) there we went there to grab something to eat to hold us over. I saw avocados there and was soo excited!! They don’t have them in Viterbo, so I bought one for this upcoming week, because it was not ready to eat yet. :) After Coop, we got a taxi to our hostel, which was very inexpensive, then we checked-in and went up to our room to put our backpacks away. Ha, our room was like a closet!! Seriously…it only had 3 bunks, a sink and a wardrobe in it!! It was too funny, but perfect, we were expecting to be with 5 other girls, but I will take this room we had any day over the 8 person rooms…they are weird!! After we made our beds, we walked to “il centro” (the center) to check out the night life and grab some grub! :) It was crazee because on our way to il centro, the streets were dead…no one was really around and once we got to the centro, people were everywhere!! The streets were packed with people!! Ha, it was too weird. We found a place to eat and I ordered cheese ravioli with pesto sauce…Jimmy, you would love it!! Ha, kidding cooz!! I normally don’t like cheese ravioli, but I thought I would give it a shot, and I loved it!! :) The only bummer was I only got 5 raviolis on my plate…I wanted to be like ‘no, I didn’t order the kids plate, did I?’ Ha, besides the portion size, I really enjoyed the dish!! :) After dinner, we stopped at this free-standing stand where fried goodies were being sold. I ordered 2euros worth…they were fried bread balls filled lemon stuff and sugar sprinkled on top…I just say they were interesting!! While we were eating our goodies, we walked around a bit and then looked at the bus schedule and the buses were no longer going to the stop near our hostel. So we walked back. It was like a 40 minute walk and surprisingly it wasn’t that cold out!! Once we got home, I got ready for bed and crashed. It wasn’t a late night because we figured we were going to get up early tomorrow, so we would just go to bed and catch some ‘zzz’s’

Love and miss you all!!!

Hope you had a great Friday!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment