Sunday, February 15, 2009

14.02.2009 - Saturday

In Murano
On the GONDOLE ride!!
with our Gondole man!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to everyone and Happy Birthday Aunt Debbie!! :) Ryan Matthew, I LOVE you so much baby, thank you for my tulips, I LOVE THEM!!! :)

Today I woke up at 8am, not to Ryan calling unfortunately, but to my alarm clock and then I had bfast in bed. After a complete bfast (cereal with milk, banana with raisins and a glass of OJ), I got ready and we all left the hotel by 9:30am – we were off to Murano. The Murano boat took about 20 minutes to get out to the island and on our ride out to Murano, I looked out to the mountains, there was SNOW on them!! I couln't believe it!! WOW!! Once we got there, we went straight to this demonstration place which was free to enter and the demonstrator made a vase and a horse within like 10 minutes, it was crazee to watch him to it – what a fun job that would be!! After watching the demonstration and walking around checking out the shops, we went back to San Marco where we went into the church there to check out all of the gold inside. You aren’t allowed to take pictures, so that was stinky. The church itself was really tall and the detail of everything was incredible. After we walked through the church, we shopped for a bit and I bought a lighter and patch (the two things I collect from every place I go to) as well as a sailor hat!! The girls were buying masks for tonight and I don’t like them at all, so I told them, “the only way I will buy a mask is if we find a pink and orange argyle mask with silver on it, no gold” and what do you know….WE FOUND ONE!!! I WAS LIKE NO WAYY!! Because before I said that, we had looked at a decent amount of stands with masks being sold at them and NONE of them had argyle masks!! I WAS IN SHOCK!! Ha, so I had to buy the 8euro mask!! It was CRAZEE!! Then we went back to the hotel for lunch where I made myself another cheese and salami sandwich. At 4:30pm, we left the hotel room and the 6 of us went on a GONDOLE ride!! It was soo much fun and the price was better than what I expect. Since it was Valentines Day and I was not with my Valentine, I had a picture taken of myself (while on the gondola) holding a sign saying “Happy Valentines Day and Anniversary Ryan Matthew!!! I LOVE YOU!!! KISSES!!!” With hearts all over the page…it won’t let me upload it to my blog, so I figured I would just tell you what it said instead!! :) The ride was an hour long and our Gondole man showed us around VENEZIA including the fire station - which was funny because it was boats in the water rather than big trucks…because there are no cars in the city…so it was different seeing that!! We also saw some of the famous bridges as well as famous houses…not too famous because I don’t remember the names!! Ha, me and my memory :/ After our fun gondole ride, we got on the ‘water bus’ to San Marco where Carnevale was taking place and walked around there and checked out all of the crazee people that were there, almost EVERYONE had on a weird custom and mask. Us girls all had on our masks, no crazee get-ups though. As we were walking around San Marco, we saw a McDonalds….I found myself saying “McyD’s sounds good right now”…WOW, I NEVER knew I would say that again in my life (I use to LOVE McDonalds when I was younger)!!! Ha, we all went inside and I got a chicken sandwich with fries. After we got our meals, we went outside and sat one some random steps to people watch, it was fun!! The meal was actually good, the chicken wasn’t all greasy and the fries weren’t saturated in fat, so not like the American McD’s. :) After dinner, the Iowa girls headed back home and Cassie, Bethany and I hung out and did some more shopping/people watching. We stayed in San Marco till about 9:30pm, and then we got on a ‘water bus’ and went back to the hotel. Once we got home, the girls were just chilling in their room, so we went in there and were just talking about the day and what not, we all stayed up till about 12am and then I went to bed. This weekend was fun, I really enjoyed VENEZIA, very pretty/different city to visit!!

CIAO everyone, MISS you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment