Tuesday, February 10, 2009

07.02.2009 - Saturday

Thumbs up for my backpack and the DUOMO!
THE DUOMO!!
I have a picture at home with Poppo, Jimmy, Sara and I on these exact steps!
Me on top of the DUOMO!Taking a break after going to the top of the Duomo!!
DAVID!!
"Mates"

Today I woke up at 8:15am and went downstairs for the free breakfast, which I was so excited for!! Ha, I got a cheese/bacon omelet with 2 pieces of toast with a glass of OJ!! It was actually really good, the cheese was white, not sure which kind, but it was tasty!! After bfast, I went back up to the room to get ready for the day and right after I turned on my cell, Ry called, I was so excited!! We basically only said ‘I love you’ and ‘have a great day,’ because like I said, it’s super expensive (for him) to call on my cell phone. But it was great to hear his voice!! Soon after, we all left the room, Aussie included, and did some shopping. Near the DUOMO, there are TONS and TONS of tents set up with all sorts of vendors selling mainly the same stuff. It was a lot of fun to check everything thing out and surprisingly, I didn’t buy anything! Ha, YAH RIGHT!! Rachal, not shopping…I’ve never heard of that!! Ha, first purchase I bought myself a way cute scarf which is teal and a little bit of brown…its really soft and different looking. Then I bought some miscellaneous stuff such as a patch for FIRENZE, I am collecting them from every city, along with lighters so I bought a patch, lighter, a small Morano glass plate (for my kitchen set), something for Ry, and something for my dad. Then after we shopped for a bit, we went and saw the DUOMO—it is gorgeous…last time I was in FIRENZE, they were in the process of cleaning it, so it as nice and white this time around!! Cass, Bethany and I wanted to go to the top, so we left the others behind and hiked up the 463 steps to view FIRENZE!! It was awesome, the stair cases got smaller as you went higher, it was crazee, at one point my shoulders were almost touching on both sides going up the spiral stair case!! :) We booked it up those stairs, I didn’t stop once, because once my legs get going, they don’t stop!! Ha the view was incredible!! I absolutely loved looking out and seeing all the red roof tops, and it was a nice day out, so it was great all around. After snapping some shots, we went back down and met up with everyone to grab some grub. We went to this café called “Hot Pot” where I had…pizza, ha, where you expecting me to say something different? I am thankfully not sick of it yet. After lunch, we walked around some more and I went into this little shop where I purchased a violet FIRENZE t-shirt for 5euros…it said FIRENZE on it with a huge fleur de lis on it, I LOVE it!! I also bought a ‘futbol’ jersey which is green and says Buffon #1 on it, it was 10euros, I love it!! We are planning on going to a game, so now I have a jersey!! :) Then we were off to one of the “best gelaterias in the world” called Vivolis—I got a small café and honestly, it wasn’t the best I have ever had, the best to me is in the one near Ipercoop!! :) As we were eating our gelato, we walked to go see DAVID!! Once you walk in the museum, and turn the corner, there he is, HE IS HUGE!!! He is definitely not life-size!! I got some pictures of him even though you are not allowed to, there was no way I wasn’t going to take some!! Haha! After hung out with ‘Dave’ for a bit, we walked over to the river and saw the famous bridge and went window shopping-lots of expensive jewelry shops along the river, it was fun! Round 2 for gelato was at the ‘Grom’ – again it was suppose to be the ‘best’ so I tired café with chocolate this time, and again, it wasn’t the best. So after eating it, I decided I was done with gelato for a month, I am thinking that is a good decision. It all tastes the same to me, but if I do come across one that looks really good, I am not going to pass it up—you only live once!! :) After gelato, everyone besides Cass and I, wanted to go back to the hostel to take a nap!! WHAT?? A NAP WHEN YOU ARE IN FIRENZE, THERE’S NO WAY!! So Cass and I went shopping and had a blast!! Everything is on ‘saldi’ everywhere you go, so it’s great for us!! I ended up buying two shirts—one is brown and soft and the other is purple corduroy, both very cute and cheap!! Then in the next store, I bought a longer brown shirt that I can wear with leggings under and TEAL pants!! I LOVE THEM!! They crack me up, but I can’t wait to wear them!! My mom loves colored pants, so I know she will like them!! As we were walking home, I really wanted to find ‘limoncello’ in a glass boot shaped bottle, and we did!! Cass bought one as well, they are way too cute!! Once we got back to the hostel, we got everyone moving and went out to dinner. Tonight we went to this restaurant which had the best mac and cheese I have ever had!! Rigatoni noodles with white cheese…mmm, soo good!! After dinner, we went back to the hostel and played card games: “shithead” and “hockey”—never played either, so they were fun to play!! I started to not feel to good, so Jenny and I went outside to go find me some cough drops and some OJ for me to buy, which we did. Once we got back, I got ready for bed. YAY, tomorrow I am going to see the LEANING TOWER OF PISA!!! How exciting!! :) CIAO everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment