Tuesday, February 10, 2009

06.02.2009 - Friday

Today Ry called me in the morning and wish me a fun and safe weekend, because we weren’t going to be talking very much over the weekend. It’s expensive to call my cell, so it would be crazee to talk on that for a long period of time! After we hung up :( I ate some cereal and also had a banana and then got ready and left my room by 9:15am to be to the Taxi Station by 9:30am. Today we went to the garden in Bagnaia and Bormarzo, both are only like 15-20 minutes away from Viterbo!! I really enjoyed the first garden in Bagnaia, called Villa Lante. It was a beautiful garden and was completely aligned—all of the fountains, etc. were in a straight line, from the top of the garden, down to the bottom. Very interesting and fun to take pictures of!! After Villa Lante, we went to Bormarzo to see the garden there. It was completely different from Villa Lante. This one is spread out over a ton of land and everything is scattered. There was this one house at this garden and it was CRAZEE!! It was completely tilted and you were able to walk in it, but you could definitely feel the slant…it was trippy to be inside of it!! After the field trips, we got back to the dorms at around 2:40pm, just enough time to grab my backpack for the weekend head over to the train station…our train left at 3:10pm so we met everyone at the train station. Once we got on the train, the ride to FIRENZE was about 4 hours I believe. Once we arrived in FIRENZE, we went to our hostel, which was only 2 blocks from the train station, checked in and went up to put our stuff away and get ready for dinner. We went to this restaurant, I’m not too sure of the name, but their slogan was “There is a difference” with a picture of 2 boys looking into their diapers…ha, strange. For dinner I got alfredo pasta and I was soo excited, the menu said it was white sauce, so I figured it was going to be like back home, but unfortunately, it was disgusting, didn’t have much flavor at all, so I had to add some (lots) of salt and pepper!! :) After dinner, we went back to our hostel and our 8th roommate (8 people per room at this hostel) Daniel was in the room, we sat around for a bit and chatted with him, he was from Australia and is going to be traveling around the world for 18 months, it was very interesting hearing about the places he has visited already and what he will be seeing here in the future!! We all decided to go out instead of hanging out in our room, so we went to Joshua Tree Pub down the street, near the DUOMO!! It was very tiny and VERY loud!! We were standing for some time and then there were a few free tables we snagged and just sat and chatted about life. I found myself yelling the entire night though because it was soo loud in there, you couldn’t hear the person next to you unless they were screaming!! Ha, one of the guys that worked in there was named Paolo, he was really nice and was always smiling, so we asked him his name and as soon as ‘YMCA’ came on, he danced for us and was like ‘AN AMERICAN SONG!!’ Ha, see what the Italianos think of us?? Ha, he was really nice, so we got a picture with him!! At 1:30am we left the pub and headed back home. I got ready for bed and was out of it in seconds, big day tomorrow, SO EXCITED to see FIRENZE for the SECOND time in my life, this time I have more time to take it all in, don’t worry, I’ll take lots of pictures for all of you!!

LOVE/MISS you all!!

ARRIVEDERCI!!

No comments:

Post a Comment