Sunday, February 22, 2009

21.02.2009 - Saturday

See, our room is like a walk-in closet!!

Today was a pretty long day!! I woke up at 7:45 and after I was ready the girls and I went downstairs for breakfast. It was just a bread bun with butter/jam and hot cocoa. I didn’t eat the bread because the bread here isn’t good, so I just had the hot cocoa. Last night when we got home, we noticed there was a McDonalds across the street, so we went over there to grab something to eat, and it wasn’t open!! Wow, they didn’t open till 11am, I was in shock. So we went back to the hostel, grabbed our stuff and checked out. We then caught a bus to il centro to do some shopping/take pictures. I was so sad because we asked about renting bikes and I guess its not ‘bike riding season’…what the heck yo?? Ha, that was kinda weird, so we weren’t able to do that and check out all the beautiful scenery. Once we got to il centro, we saw the Town Hall and the “Duomo” and took some pictures, of course!! Then we hit up the shops and I bought a lighter, patch, something for Sara and a pair of gloves for me!! Ha, they are the gloves where the fingertips are cut off but then there is that flap that goes over your fingers if you choose to and it looks like you have mittens on!! Haha, they made me laugh and they were only 3euros, so I bought them!! :) Then it was lunch time, so we went to this pizza place!! Are you surprised I said pizza? Ha, actually I have taken a little break from pizza, so it sounded good! I got two slices, one salami (pepperoni for you American people) and one Caprise (mozzarella and pomadoro…I think it’s called ‘white’ pizza in America??) I am unsure of the name because I normally wouldn’t ever order it in the States – this semester is definitely helping me to expand my pallet…is that the right word? Ha, I normally wouldn’t eat ricotta, but being here, I enjoy it probably because it is more fresh in ITALIA, whatever it is, I am enjoying it and I like trying new things!! :) After lunch, we stopped in a few more shops and I found this cute plaid button up dress jacket and it was only 5euros…sold!! We walked around for about an hour more and decided to go to the train station to take the earlier train home. Once we got to the train station (by bus) we had to wait there for 40 minutes until we could board our train. We had to transfer twice and then on my walk home, Ryan called me!! I told him to call me back on my dorm phone because I was minutes away from my dorm. He called me and we talked for like 45 minutes or longer!! For dinner I had a PBJ sandwich and then I unpacked/showered. As I was getting for bed, I was thinking and it was 1pm AZ time…time for CHIEFS party!!! I am soo jealous all of you are there right now!!! :) Can’t wait to see pictures and hear all about it!! LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL!!!!
CIAO family/friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment