Tuesday, February 10, 2009

08.02.2009 - Sunday

Kicking the tower down...
On top of the tower (not the very top)!!
I felt bad, so I decided to save the tower!! :)

So last night I probably only got about one hour of sleep, my throat was killing me and my nose was like a faucet - definitely don’t remember the last time that happened to me, normally once I am asleep, I am out of it!! 7:45am rolled around and the others were up and I was ready for bfast…so we went downstairs and I got the same thing as yesterday. After bfast, I went back upstairs and got ready for the day and then we were off to PISA!! Ha, today I wore a crazee outfit…I wore my new TEAL pants, new violet FIRENZE shirt, new teal scarf and my brown jacket/shoes…o and a headband which was mainly yellow!! Haha, I was wearing every color of the rainbow because I also had on a fanny pack and my backpack!! The train to PISA wasn’t that long, only about an hour. Once we got off the train, we had to take about a 20 minute walk until we would see the TOWER!! :) It is way smaller than what I expected, it’s tall, but not as tall as I pictured it in my mind prior to seeing it in real life. I took a few pictures-one kicking the tower over and the other I was saving it like it was no big deal, ha!! Then after we took some pictures, we hit up the shops along the road and I ended up buying a patch, lighter and something for my mom!! :) No one wanted to go to the top except for me, so I went by myself, I went and bought my ticket and then they made me put my backpack in a locker, to lessen the load. Only a certain amount of people are allowed to go up at one time, so I bought my ticket at 11:45am and the next apt was at 12!! Perfect timing!! It was fun going up the stairs, you were not only slanted, but the width of the stairs were no bigger than 3 feet wide and they got smaller as you went up, like the Duomo. Once I got to the top, well I thought it was the very top, I was so excited, the view was again incredible, I walked around and took some pictures of the GIANT bells and then a security lady showed me another set of stairs…I took them up and I was the first and only one on the TOP of the LEANING TOWER OF PISA for at least 2 minutes…I made a video of me climbing these tiny stairs and reaching the top, where I was by myself!! It was incredible!! :) While I was up there, of course I took pictures and as I was walking around the tower, my friends saw me…they were on the ground level near the shops, and they all yelled my name and I waved and yelled back to them!! Ha, it was funny, so I took a picture of them waving, it was pretty cool! After hanging out for a bit on the tower, I raced down the steps and got a little dizzy, ha!! Then I went to go get my backpack out of the locker and then I met up with everyone else, they were eating, so I ordered myself a margarita pizza, pretty good I must say! After lunch, we went to the train station where we purchased our train tickets to come back home. We got home at around 7:45pm-it was like a 5 hour train ride!! When I got home, I walked in my room and it was freezing!! Definitely not like my room, so I opened the door more and my trash can was in the middle of my room and my window was wide open, I was a little freaked out…I noticed my outlet was now fixed, so I guess the electrician came in and fixed it…but HELLO…you left my window open!!!! So I shut my window and turned my heat on high to defrost everything…honestly my water bottles were pretty cold, so I am thinking my window had been open for at least a day!! After my shower, I looked at my throat and there were a TONS of red bumps on the back of my throat, so I am thinking I have some sort of sickness…hopefully tomorrow I can go to the doctors, we will see how that goes!! Before I went to bed, I unpacked my bag to see all my new goodies – they were very fun to look at!! :) Soon after, I went to bed because my stomach was hurting pretty bad. OVERALL….AMAZING WEEKEND!!! :) Favorite part….LEANING TOWER OF PISA and DAVID…just the fact that he was created from one piece of flawless marble is incredible and his size…he is probably double my height!!

CIAO everyone!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment