Sunday, February 15, 2009

11.02.2009 - Wednesday

This morning I woke up at 9am – it was Ry calling…we talked for an hour, and it was great to catch up, lately our conversations haven’t been all that long, so it was great to talk to him for an hour!! :) After we hung up, I checked my email and I did Italiano homework along with cuisine homework which were both due today. For Italiano, I had a ton of homework (no surprise) and for cuisine we had to write a report about a particular region in Italia. I had Trentino/Alto Adrige – the assignment was easy though because it was like copy/pasting the teachers work (that’s what she told us to do! Ha!) It took some time though because we had to talk about the history, main dish, side dish, desserts, cheeses and vinos that were either made and/or popular in the region. Ry called again around 1:30pm and I took a break from my homework and talked with him for like 30 minutes!! It was a perfect break from homework!! At 2:30pm, I left for Italiano class which was from 3-5pm and then cuisine was at 6pm at Christina/Richards home. I really enjoy them, they are really nice and knowledgeable about a lot of things, so its great to get together with them and hear what they have to say!! Also, they are English, so I could listen to them speak all night, ha, I love their accents!! Class started at 6pm and tonight I had to present my region, it went well…I talked about everything I wrote down and then Christina elaborated a few times on things I didn’t go into detail about. After me and a few others presented our regions, we went into the kitchen and started to make dinner. It was a bit different tonight, we started off with bean salad and speck…the bean salad I made with Cassie; it was a mixture of giant beans (from the can) with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and salt, keeping the beans whole. Those were pretty tasty, but I didn’t have any of the speck…speck is pig and its not cooked…I watched someone eat a piece and it was first of all, hard to bit and break off and secondly it looked like it would be like chewing on bubble gum…GROSS!! We had the bean salad with a sparkling white vino, which wasn’t that good. As we were making the bean salad, someone else was making some sort of rice, with squid in it. They added the ink so the rice color was now like a gray-purple color. Once that was cooked, we went into the dinning room and I only had a few bits, definitely didn’t try the squid because the rice was really fishy and not that good, so I didn’t really want to try the squid. We had another white vino with that and again, to me, it wasn’t that good. That actually goes for all the vinos tonight in my opinion. I didn’t like them, but I enjoyed smelling them, Richard (Christina’s husband by the way) knows a lot about vinos and it was fun to smell our glasses of vino and guess what type of fruits were in the one we were trying. :) Next was a beef stew (beef with tomatoes which was on the stove for a few hours) with risotto I believe – I enjoyed this plate because the meat was actually ready to be eaten. Ha! We ate this plate with a glass of red vino which was really heavy. Next were the cheeses, Asiago and Bastardo. The Asiago was good, but I really enjoyed the Bastardo (Bastard, ha, Sara) cheese the best!! It was very yummy!! We were not done yet, we still had desserts after the cheeses!! We had ricotta filled pastries along with Tiramisu (which we made homemade earlier after the bean salad). The ricotta pastries were really good, normally I don’t like ricotta at all, but they were really good, it was mixed up and didn’t have that normal ricotta texture!! When we had the Tiramisu, we had a glass of sparkling red (strawberry) vino. I really enjoyed the smell of this one, it really smelled like strawberries, but then didn’t taste like it at all, it had a smoky flavor, so I didn’t drink it. After dinner was over, we walked back to the dorms and at 12:40am, I was still awake, so Ry and I got on Skype, but only for 5 minutes because he had to leave to go to class!! :( O well, Ill take 5 minutes over 0 minutes any day!! Then I packed for VENEZIA (Venice) because I am leaving tomorrow after class!! :) YAY!!!

CANT WAIT TO COME HOME AND SHOW YOU PICTURES OF VENEZIA!!!

CIAO EVERYONE!! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment