Wednesday, February 11, 2009

09.02.2009 - Monday

This morning I woke up and didn’t feel good at all. Ry called me at 8:30 and after we talked for some time, I went back to bed until like 9:30am. I called Stefano around 10:30am and asked him if there was any way I could see a doctor today. So we hung up and he called me back within a few minutes and told me to meet downstairs in the dorm building at 4pm and someone would be there to pick me up. Since Stefano told me not to go to Italiano class, I went back to bed and he called me at 3:30pm with change of plans. He told me to meet Nicole near where Christina (my cuisine and gardens teacher) lives and she would then walk with me to the doctors. So I got out of bed at 4pm and walked across town to meet Nicole at 4:45pm. Once we met up, we walked to the doctors, like 10 minutes away and waited outside for like 30 minutes – no one from the office was back from lunch, so we hung out and chatted for a bit. At this doctor, its first come, first serve, so once someone let us into the office, we sat down and waited another 15 minutes. By that time, the waiting room filled up and the doctor walked in. He called Nicole and I into his office and Nicole translated for me my symptoms to him. His office was weird…he had his desk with his computer on it and then there were two guest chairs and in the corner there was the table in which has paper on it (where you sit) and in front of the table (one the same wall) there was this huge cabinet where all of the meds were stored. After talking a bit and getting the generic info, I then went over to the table and sat down. He took a look at my throat with no gloves on and he didn’t wash them when he got into the building…interesting!! Ha, but he unwrapped a popsicle stick from a package and used a flashlight to take a closer look, I had red bumps everywhere on the back of my throat – laryngitis!! I went back to the guest chair and he went to his cabinet and grabbed me out some drugs!! :) I should be feeling better in no time!! After we were done there, I walked back to the dorm, but my head was so congested, every noise was of annoyance, especially the loud vespas…so I walked fast and by the time I got home, I had been gone for exactly 2 hours. I was suppose to go to dinner with the girls, but didn’t feel well at all, so I went home and hung out in bed with my computer and Ry and I chatted on Skype for a long time, it was great to really talk!! I miss you Ry…LOTS!!! Once we got disconnected on Skype, he called me and we were on the phone for like an hour!! Then we hung up and like 20 minutes later MAMA MIA called me!! :) YAY, I was SO excited to talk to her!! :) We were on the phone for like 35 minutes, it was amazing, we caught up and I told her all about my weekend in FIRENZE/PISA!! After my mom and I hung up, I got ready for bed and was out of it!!

CIAO everyone, wish you all were here with me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment