Tuesday, January 13, 2009

CIAO...IM HERE!!

first picture taken in Italy!

CIAO friends....I made it to Italia safe and sound!! :) Sorry to all for not responding to emails, etc. more quickly...the internet here is limited at certain times of the days/spots here in Viterbo...they are definitely not like us in the sense where they are computer dependent!! Haha! Today was the first day of receiving internet, so I am glad to be on here to give you all an update!!

WOW-where do I begin?? Well...the flight here was not as bad as I thought it was going to be...the first flight was a breeze (slept almost the whole flight) and then the ROMA flight was a bit long...I slept for half the flight and the first half I attempted to watch a movie, but the lady in front of me leaned her chair back all the way so my knees where at my chest and the TV screen (which was on the back of her chair) was facing down so I couldn't really see the screen...ha!! It was great!! Once we landed in Rome all of the USAC students found each other and headed outside where we found Stefano and Francesca (Program directors) who took us to the bus in which we would be on for 2 hours to get to VITERBO..my new home town!! :)

Viterbo, by the way is one of the smallest towns ever...in my eyes...ha, we drove around town a bit and then to our hotel where we would all stay for the night and eat dinner there as well. I roomed with a girl named Crystal, she was very sweet, but very quiet. After dinner, we went to bed, woke up at 8 so we could get some breakfast (which was NOT filling at all - I had chocolate pudding, cookies (they call them crackers) a pastry with chocolate chips inside and some 'ace' juice) before we had to check out of the rooms for the day...

Next blog...first real day in VITERBO...

No comments:

Post a Comment