Wednesday, January 14, 2009

13.01.2009


Day two of orientation!! This morning we had to meet at "Wing Fountain" which is in the middle of town I suppose to all catch a bus to get to the other campus called "ARG" (they wanted to show us all how to use the buses). ARG is actually only about 15 minutes from my dorm, so not as bad as "SMG" which is where we were yesterday and that was a good 30 minute walk away from the dorm. Anyways, we got to ARG and had to fill out all this paperwork for residency in Italy and it took some patience...lots of stuff to fill in and sign. We did get done early which was amazing!! It was 2pm and we were free for the day!! The mall was only about 10 minutes away from campus so us girls went to the food court to grab a bit to eat!! Wow, I had the most disgusting sandwich ever...it was such a bummer because I was soo hungry!! After my nasty sandwich, the girls and I all got some GELATO!! :) It was soo yummy!! I got caffe gelato in a waffle cone and wow was it amazing!!! After we ate we went to the grocery store "Ipercoop" to pick up a few items and then hiked back to the dorms. At 8pm (Ay, I hate how they eat so late!! Ristorantes/cafeterias aren't open any earlier than 8pm, CRAZEE!!) we went to the cafeteria down the street with a few boys from the dorm (Jesse and Stefano, other USAC students) and ate some pizza. The pizzas they serve you there are huge...but its FREEZING in the cafeteria..I can see my breath when I am eating, that's NOT right! But that is so common here, places rarely have A/C...INSANE!! It's definitely an adjustment for me...I wear like 4 or 5 layers each day and barely take off one layer, even when I am inside places!! Ha, and I wear a scarf as well!! Sooo opposite from AZ, that's for sure, I am enjoying it though, as much as I dislike the coldy!! I LOVE and MISS you ALL!!!
CIAO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment