Thursday, January 15, 2009

14.01.2009



Buongiorno friends and family!!
Wow am I ever tired...today didn't seem like a long day but I guess it was!! :) Today was the first day of Italiano class..was it ever different!! 99% of the class period (which was from 9-11am) Erika (my instructor) spoke in Italian!! My head was about to burst after I left her class...she is a very sweet lady, but wow, it was soo frustrating for me to sit there and have her speak in Italian!! Hopefully everyday I wont feel like this!! Ha, its hard enough each day on the streets/in stores to communicate with the local Italians, I just am unsure of her teaching style for now! I know its going to be the best way to learn, but as of right now I KNOW NOTHING so its frustrating!! Anywayss...after class, Cassie, Bethany and I walked up and down a few streets looking for a place to eat. We found this cute cafe so we went in and I ordered a salami panini and "un caffe". The panini was really good, but the "caffe" was disgusting!! Ha, espressos just aren't my thing I am thinking!! Wayyy too strong for my liking!! Ha, but I ordered it #1 to try something new and #2 because the cup was soo cute!! :) After lunch we had to be to the post office at 1:30p to mail off our residency paperwork...their post offices take forever to get anything done!! It was very frustrating especially since I was the first one to get there and I was like one of the last to leave!! Illardia (a lady who works with us USAC students) was letting us know when we could go up and mail off our packets, but somehow I was at the end of the "role-call"...I dont know how my last name got put last!! So that was interesting...but I am going with the flow this semester...if I order food for example and it wasn't what I expected...so be it, Ill try something new...and as far as today I have already ate some things I would never eat back home, and I dont mind them for now, I just miss my favorite foods. Ha, its different over here, in many aspects!! After the post office, we (Cassie, Bethany and I) went back to the dorms to grab our laptops and off to the campus we went to upload our photos/use the internet. After we were done at school we grabbed a bit to eat and had to run to Ipercoop once again for a few more things..like peanut butter...which by the way is way different...they only have one brand, and I am sure its natural peanut butter...ha, its definitely missing the sugar!! Ha!! :) Today we decided that we are going to do a day trip to Rome, tomorrow after class, we are meeting up with Francesca (she is in our Italiano class) to talk about what all we want to see, I am wayy excited!! Well everyone, I am off to bed!! Thanks for reading!! Pictures to come soon, like I promised!! :)

ARRIVEDERCI!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rachal! I found your blog through Bethany's. I am so excited for you guys! What an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete