Tuesday, January 27, 2009

24.01.2009

Another day in PARIS, I LOVE it!! :) We woke up today around 8:30, went downstairs, grabbed some breakfast- we had bread, which was the BEST bread I have ever had and I had a bowl of cereal, their version of "cocoa pebbles"...where's the sugar?? Ha, it was definitely lacking in the sugar department. After breakfast, I went back up to the room and got ready for the day!! Once we were all ready, we headed to the metro where we would take it to go see the Eiffel Tower once again, to get some better pictures and go to the TOP of it!! :) Once we got there, it was really cloudy and luckily we were able to go to the top, because last night, the highest you could go was the second level because it was so windy out!! :) We only waited in line for like 30 minutes and before I knew it I was at the TOP OF THE EIFFEL TOWER, it was definitely an amazing feeling!! I LOVED being up there, not only was I taking pictures, but I was taking everything in...I didn't even mind how COLD it was, I was just thrilled to be there!! :) I was able to see ALL of PARIS!!! It was simply AMAZING!! :) Once we got off the Tower, we went to this stand where they sold crepes and hot cocoa. I bought myself a hot cocoa and it was gone in seconds, I was so cold, but it definitely warmed me up!! :) Then we were off to go see the Notre Dame. I tried taking pictures in there, but you couldn't use flash and it was pretty dark in there. It was really crowed, but it was GREAT being there, I have definitely learned about it in class and the architecture is amazing!! :) Such ornate detail on the columns, etc., even the stained glass was ornate and enormous at that!! The building itself was definitely bigger than what I expected, same goes for almost everything I saw this weekend-not everything was bigger, sometimes smaller, like Mona Lisa!! Wow, I still can't get over everything I have already seen, and the day wasn't over yet! :) After walking around Notre Dame, we went to this cafe where I got a HAMBURGER!! :) My body definitely needed some meat, haven't had much since I have been in Italia!! It wasn't an American sized burger, but it was still delish!! :) After the burger, and FRIES, HA, (that one makes sense though, the other meals with fries...interesting) I got some dessert...every meal isn't complete if you don't end on a good note ;) I got 2 scoops of coffee ice cream and one of chocolate. The chocolate was very chocolatey, so I ate half of that scoop, and then mixed all of them together, it was SOOO GOOD!! :) Definitely enjoyed it and wanted more!! Ha, our waiter was a lot of fun and spoke English, so it was our new fav place in PARIS!! :) Before we left, we asked him how to get to the Arc de Triomphe and us girls took a picture with him!! :) Off to the Arc we went!! While we were there, us girls had a TON of fun reenacting what the statues were doing above us!! :) Ha, there were 4 main scenes that we did, everyone around was laughing, we enjoyed doing it!! :) Then we walked down the main shopping street in PARIS, where us girls stopped in a few shops, and once we were done with that, we wanted to go see "The Thinker" at the Rodin Museum, but they had closed early...so instead we went to Moulin Rouge and took a few pictures. Then we got back on the metro (which was scary, it was like going through the GHETTO) to go to the Luxembourgh Palace, it was definitely closed, so we were sad...there is just NOT enough time in one day to do everything unfortunately. :( All in all yesterday and today were both AMAZING days!! :) I enjoyed every part of this weekend and staying over night in the airport was definitely worth it because I was able to experience all in which I told you about!! :) After the Lux, we got back on the metro to our hostel where we ate dinner. I had garlic bread with mozzarella cheese on top, it was DELISH, because it was on that really great bread I had for breakfast and I got a salad with it and it had normal dressing on it, so I enjoyed it!! :) By the time I got to my room it was 12AM and I was ready for bed. WOW, what a weekend!! :)

CIAO everyone, MISSING you ALL!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment