Sunday, January 18, 2009

17.01.2009

the girlies!

THE COLOSSEO!!!
:) I love the clouds!!
Bethany, Cassie, me, Mike and Francesca with 2 crazee men!!Jesse, me, Bethany, Alex, Francesca, Mike, Corine, Cassie and Brooks, COLOSSEO in the background!!!
This is where Julius Ceasar was killed...old town ROMA
Pantheon Ceiling
Make a wish...TREVI FOUNTAIN!!! :)
Spanish Steps!
On the Spanish Steps watching the sunset (that's the most expensive road in ROMA!)

ROMA!!
WOW, what a day!! :) It was so amazing in soo many ways!! :) This morning I woke up at 3:15AM to catch the 5:03AM train to ROMA!! Even though I woke up so early, I was wide awake with anticipation!! Today was my second time visiting ROMA!! This time my family was not with me but it was so amazing because this time around I had new appreciations and knowledge about the sites I saw!! I was in "AW" the entire day!! Everything about ROMA was gorgeous in its own way. The buildings were so beautiful...each are different with such detail...it's amazing!! Completely opposite from AZ, that's for sure! I finally saw the "COLOSSEO"--I missed seeing it last time I was here and was super sad!! We did not take the tour today because we are planning on another day in ROMA for that, along with visiting a few other sites!! :) After the Colosseo, we visited the sites around it and then met up with some other people and ate at a ristorante where I ate a plate of Alfredo...but its definitely not like the alfredo I am use to back home...it was still really good, but nothing like alfredo!! Ha, after lunch we all walked around ROMA and took lots of pictures...we saw a lot of buildings/statues...and I dont know the names of a lot of what we saw...so sorry about that!! Haha! We went inside the Pantheon and saw the wonderful ceiling, I loved it, its very unique! Then we went to the Trevi Fountain!! I just love this fountain...to me, it's in a funny location because you are walking around ROMA, shopping and what not, and you turn a corner and BAMM...there's the Trevi, in the middle of no where!!! :) It's just fabulous though!! I only posted a few pictures of what I saw today, but all together I took around 340 pictures while I was in ROMA!!! HAHA, you know me and my pictures!! I LOVE them!! After the Trevi, we all went to the Spanish Steps..perfect timing to see the sunset!! It was beautiful!! Since we were all dead tired from a longg day...we all got on the train to come home!! FAVORITE day so far!! :)
I LOVE and MISS you all...wish you all were here with me to experience all this together!! :)
ARRIVEDERCI!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment