Wednesday, April 29, 2009

17.04.2009 - Friday

Nan, cutting herself a piece of my calzone when not looking!! Ha!!
The cute ol' cook at La Cavas
Ha, the tiring walk to get some pane!!
Coffee break!!

This morning we all woke up at 8:30am so we could go downstairs and grab some bfast. They had a donut down there today…yippee!! :) After bfast, we got ready for the day and decided to go into town so Nan could buy a new pair of kicks (the ones she brought weren’t comfy for walking). Finally after going into almost every store VT has to offer, we went into a store called Geox and Nan found a pair she loved!! :) Then after our shoe shopping was over, we walked back out of the city walls and over to Despar where we bought salami slices, cheese, bread and two slices of pizza (for my mama and I). Then we walked back to the hotel where we all made a sandwich and ate that for lunch. It was very good and super cheap for all of it. After lunch, we all took a nap and Nan and I ended up taking a four hour nap while my mom got up!! Haha, four hours…can you believe it?? Ha, after our nap, I walked over to my dorm room with my mom so I could grab some clothes and what not. Once we got back to the hotel, I took a shower and got ready for dinner – tonight we went to a restaurant called La Cavas which is inside the city walls and I have never been there. I ordered a calzone and mama and Nan both got antipasti with bean soup on the side…very tasty by the way!! The cook was really cute…older man…he cooked my calzone and when I got it, he watched me take my first bit, to see if I liked it!! Ha, I saw that he was looking at me, so I gave him the Italiano sign for ‘delicioso’ :) After dinner, we walked home and stayed up for a few hours until it was time to go get pane. Ha, at 11:45pm, we left the hotel to walk inside the city walls, past Geox and to the ‘secret pane place.’ We got ripped off…ha, I kept telling mama and Nan how good the ‘dolci pane’ was and I ordered it and then when we were walking away we saw that it wasn’t chocolate pane, it had like fruit filling it it…what the heck yo?? Ha, so the rest of the night Nan and mama were making jokes about how good the ‘chocolate pane’ was!! Mathone!! HA!! After we ate our pane, we saw that there were still some cafés open, so we went to one so Nan and mama could get a coffee (decaffeinato of course). Ha, they ordered their cafés and then they wanted milk, so the lady poured freezing cold into their tiny cups of coffee…you can see where that led to…ha, nothing like a tiny cup of cold café!! :) Then we walked home and went to bed!!

Miss you all, sorry, the internet hasn’t been working for over a week…mathone!!

Love you all!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment