Tuesday, April 7, 2009

03.04.2009 - Friday

Excited to be in SCOTLAND!!
View from our APT!!
These remind me of the doors at my house!! Ha!!
Right across the street from where we were staying

I AM IN SCOTLAND!! :) This morning I woke up at 7am and was out of the hotel room/checked out by 7:30am. Ryan called me while we were walking from the hotel to the metro station at 7:30am just to say ‘I love you!’ What a sweetie!! :) When we got to the metro station, we took 'Linea A' to get to the Ciampino Airport. Once we checked in/got our tickets/went through security, I got myself a blueberry muffin for bfast and then waited in Terminal 1 for our flight to Scotland. Our plane was delayed by 30 minutes, so we stood in line to wait for the bus to come pick us up. That’s what they do with RyanAir, you have to wait in line, those who are first, pick their seats first. Ha, its definitely a race to get to the plane after you get off the bus (buses picked you up from the Terminal and drive you over to your plane, which you walk up the steps to get on the plane). The flight went by fast and before we knew it, we were in SCOTLAND!! We got a shuttle to our hostel and while we were driving, I asked the driver where we should eat tonight and as soon as he started talking I was lost. His accent was sooo thick, I had to really listen closely!! He dropped us off right in front of our hostel and then when we were checking in the lady was like ‘today is your lucky day, we are doing some changes here in the hostel, so you guys will be staying in our apartments we have available.’ Ha, we will take it!! :) We ended up getting the entire apt to ourselves, 2 bedroom, one bathroom, living room and kitchen…heck yes!! And I really loved it because of the damask wall paper, it was so cute!! We didn’t hang out in the apt for too long, lots to do in Scotland, so we dropped our bags off and then we went to go grab some grub. We went to the Filling Station where I ordered a fajita salad and a cider beer (which is actually Swedish and sold at Ikea, ha). I really enjoyed the salad with the chicken and then after lunch, we went shopping on the Royal Mile. Our apt/Filling Station was on the Royal Mile along with a bunch of shops and buildings. At 6pm all the shops were closing so we went up to the apt until like 9pm when we went back to the Filling Station for some food and drinks. I had a ceasear salad and a Strongbow (cider beer). We just sat around and chatted until 12:30am when the bar closed. It wasn’t a lively bar, so tomorrow night, we will find another one. After we left, we went up to our apt and watched some TV, then I took a shower/got ready for bed and was out of it pretty quickly. Today was fun, can’t wait to go site seeing tomorrow and see more of Scotland!! :)

Love and miss you all!!

CHEERS!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment