Friday, April 24, 2009

16.04.2009 - Thursday

Spanish Steps
Trevi!! :)

This morning us three were up at 8am so we could get ready and go downstairs and eat some bfast (it was over at 9:30am). Nan really enjoyed the meat – she ate it on a piece of bread with cheese and meat on it and my mom loved the coffee…she had like 1 billion cups this morning!! Ha. After bfast we finished getting ready and then I checked on the times at the station for Roma. 10:55am was the next train, so that’s when we planned on leaving. We got off the train and took the Metro to Spagna where we saw the Spanish Steps and since we were all hungry, we grabbed a slice of pizza and attempted to eat them on the steps. Ha, we got yelled at by a woman police officer to not eat on the steps, so we went off to the side and finished eating. Then we walked over to the Trevi Fountain but before we got there, we stopped for some gelati. :) Yummy!! Nanny got peach, mom cafĂ© and I got frgola (strawberry). You can’t go to Roma and not eat gelato!! We all tossed our coins into the fountain and took pictures, then we shopped for a bit!! :) Mama mia bought me a Wind jersey…ha, Wind is my cell phone company and I thought it was cute because it’s Roma colors!! :) Then we saw a bank and my mom needed to change in her American $ for euros, so we went inside where we were beyond frustrated!! First of all, some Italiano guy cut us in line and went right up to the counter and he KNEW he cut us!! Then the lady wouldn’t help us, so she told us to wait in the guys line because he speaks English. So we stood there for seriously 20+ minutes, waiting on the guy who cut us in line to finish up. FINALLY it was our turn…but of course, the guy didn’t speak English!! Wow, that’s not what we wanted to hear after waiting in his line because he did speak English!! :/ So he got this lady over and we some what figured it out. Then, he would only take the ‘perfect’ 20’s my mom had brought from the US… “couldn’t take any with any color dye on them or tears in the bill.” So with that taking place, we were only allowed to trade in HALF of what we gave him…crazeeness!! MATHONE…it took us over 20 minutes to get euros…ha!! After the bank, we went back to the metro and then took a train home. When we looked at the train schedule, it said one to PF was coming in 4 minutes, so I told mom and Nan to do the hustle. We had a bunch of stairs we had to climb, but after running up all of them, we barely made the train, luckily we made it!! Once we got home, Nan and I took a nap and then we went downstairs for dinner. We all shared and had chicken with peppers on top, cheese-rice and green beans. Very tasty meal I must say. Then we went back up to our room and my mom crashed while Nan and I watched P.S. I Love You. Thanks Dani and Nicki!! :) During the movie, Ry called, so we talked for like 20 minutes!! :) Aww, I miss my Ry bread!! After the movie was over, we went to bed. :)

Love you all!!

CIAO X3!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment