Friday, April 10, 2009

09.04.2009 - Thursday

Last night, I tried to watch Now and Then but it was too scratched, so I watched Miracle instead. I wasn’t able to finish it because I was too tired. At around 3am again, there was another Earthquake or just a really bad aftershock?? I swear my bed was moving around that time because I woke up for a minute and felt shaking!! SCARY!! My alarm went off at 8:30am and Ryan called me at 9am. We talked for about 15 minutes and then I got up and got ready to go to the bus station. Today Cassie, Bethany and I planned on going to Tarquinia which is less than an hour away, but we didn’t know what the time schedule was like, so we left the dorms at 10am. When we got to the station, we found out that we missed the bus by a few minutes and the next one wasn’t until 12:35pm. So we all went to Ipercoop where I bought some food and a COOLER with ICE PACKS!!! :) How exciting!! So I bought a lot of milk and headed home to put everything away. I went down to the dungeon to put my milk in the fridge while my ice packs were freezing and then I had an hour to kill before going back to the bus station to meet up with the girls. The internet was limited for that hour, so I read a few pages out of the book I brought called ‘Eat pray love’. On the plane here I read 9 pages and then stopped. Ha, I am not much of a reader, but hopefully I can finish this one!! Once I got to the bus station, we headed for Tarquinia and once we got there, we walked up to the ‘top of the town’ where we looked off a cliff and saw rolling hills of green grass with sheep on them!! :) Then we walked to an Etruscan site where we saw tombs and homes which are underground!! We needed to go there for a project, so I am glad we got that out of the way plus it was cool viewing the tombs!! You had to walk down these steps and then press the black button at the bottom of the stairs to turn on the lights…crazee!! After grabbing an ice cream sandwich, we headed back to the bus station where we caught the 3:55pm bus back to VT. Once we got home, I was in my room by 5pm and Ryan called me. We talked for a few minutes and then I went down to the dungeon to do a load of laundry so they would be dry before I went to LONDON this weekend!! :) Once I put my clothes in and the washer was locked, I came back up to my room and called Corrie from my Italiano phone to see how she and Patrick were doing!! :) CONGRATS again cooz and BIG D…I am SO happy for you two!! :) We only talked for a few minutes, but it was great being able to talk to her, even for those brief minutes!! Once my laundry was done, I went downstairs to put it in the dryer and someone’s clothes were in there!! MAN…that’s what happens when you have ONE dryer for a whole dorm!! :/ I went back up to my room with my wet clothes and hung them all over my room!! Ha. Then I started reading my book again and got to page 44 then I went back downstairs with my wet clothes and threw them in the dryer!! :) Honestly, I am amazed that I am that far on my book. Ha, perhaps I’ll bring it with me this weekend and get lots read?? Ha, we will see about that one…sounds good in theory, but I doubt I will bring it. Ry called me again, but I had to go and get my clothes, so he called the room again once I was folding my dry/clean clothes!! :) We talked for like 30 minutes and while we were on the phone, I felt shaking again…oy eh veyy!!! I am NOT liking this…I have felt shaking everyday since Monday now!! :/ Hopefully when I get back home next Tuesday, they will be done!! I am going to go to bed now, it’s 10pm and so hopefully I will finish watching Miracle. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment