Friday, April 24, 2009

11.04.2009 - Saturday

WOW, it is has been SO long since I have been on here!! Lots have happened!! Here is goes…Last night while I was in bed, my mom called me at 11pm!! :) It was so nice talking to her, I can’t believe her and Nan will be out here in just a few days, YAY!! :) I feel bad because I don’t remember the first few minutes of our conversation because I was out of it!! I went to bed at 9:45, so I had been out of it for a few hours already!! After we hung up, I fell back asleep rather quickly and then I woke up at 3:45am to get ready for LONDON!! After I was done getting ready, Ry called me at around 4am so we could say our goodbyes for the next few days. I ended up having time for a bowl of GPs so I had one of those and then I made chocolate milk to go with the rest of the milk I had. Cass and I were out of the dorms by 4:40am and on our way to PF. It was interesting rolling our luggage’s down a dark dirt road early in the morning…ha, all the bumps and such, very entertaining. Once we got on the train, Jesse (a kid from the dorms) met us on there because he was on the same flight as us to London, so he decided to travel with us for the day. We were to Roma by 7am and then we had to take a bus from Termini to Ciampino airport and were there by 8am. Check-in was at 8:10am so we waited in line and when it was my turn to check-in, I was not a happy camper. I decided to bring my smallest luggage thinking it would be good to bring and carry on with me, but it turns out the max weight for a carry on is 10kg and that is including your personal item as well because they changed the rules. So my bag ended up weighing 11kg which meant I had to go pay 20euros and then had to get back in line to get my ticket!! O wow, was I ever upset. :/ Of course, all the Italianos can have 2 carry-ons, but not us Americans!! :/ So upsetting. So I paid the money and while I was doing so, Cass waited for me in the line so I could get my ticket, and save time for us all. I then got my ticket and we all went through security and then before we knew it, we landed in London. Since we took off late, we landed late, which means RyanAir didn’t play their song because we weren’t on time. After we landed, we went through passport control and then picked up our luggage’s, then we went and bought our tickets to get by bus to the city center. Our bus driver was not that good because he had to ask for directions 3 times!! Wow, finally, we were at Victoria station and then Cass and I left Jesse and caught the metro to Russel Square, where our hotel was located. Finally, we were to our hotel by 5pm (only 8 hrs. ahead of AZ instead of 9, like in Italia) and decided to just drop off our bags and go check out the town. I ended up finding a place right away that sold lighters and patches, so I killed two birds with one stone right off the bat, which was great, so then I didn’t have to worry about finding those for the rest of the trip in London. :) For dinner, we went to China City, right down the street from where the hotel was and I got a chicken chestnut plate with rice on the side, very yummy!! I had been craving Chinese, so I was excited we had that for dinner. After din, we went back to the hotel and got ready for bed, big day with lots of walking tomorrow, so I figured it would be nice to get a good nights rest!!

Hope you all have been doing well, been awhile since I have been on here!! Glad to be back!!

Love you all!!

CHEERS!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment