Friday, April 24, 2009

14.04.2009 - Tuesday

Last night, I packed up everything and slept in my outfit which I wore today so I wouldn’t have to think about packing up things so early and waking Cass at 2am. Align CenterI basically slept in everything except for my shoes. Ha, at 2am I got a wake up call to our room and I flew out of bed so it wouldn’t wake Cass. Then I brushed my teeth and went downstairs and while I waited for the taxi, I talked to the ‘Porter’ who was working the mid-night shift. He was really nice. Older/chubby man who was from Spain. Finally at 2:30am, the taxi showed up and I hopped in the car. It only took an hour to get there and it was the biggest rip-off of my life!! :/ O well, I had no other options, I had to take a taxi…I knew how much it would be before I got in, but what can you do?? :/ Once I got to the airport, I self-checked in and then I went over to the counter and turned in my bag. Then I walked over to my gate but first went to Starbucks where I got a cup of fruit, egg sandwich and OJ for bfast. Then I walked over to my gate and still had plenty of time to kill!! Finally, 6:40am rolled around and I ended up being the FIRST in line!! Ha, o the joys of RyanAir!! After priority boarded, I was the first to board and I sat in the first row where there is extra room for my long legs and I played off the fact that I was sleeping so no one would sit in between me and the man sitting next to the window!! Ha, it worked and no one sat in between us, it was great!! The flight went by fast, but I didn’t sleep at all. I just listened to my ipod and starred out the window. Once we landed in Roma, I got in the passport check line for residents because I am a resident until May 15th!! Ha, it was funny though because all the Italianos were looking at me like I was a ‘stupid American’ but then I showed them…because I knew exactly what line I was in!! :) It was great!! Then I picked up my luggage and headed over to buy my bus ticket to get to Termini. Once I got to Termini, it took me forever to get back to VT because I missed the train by seconds…I ran (sprinted) with my luggage in hand down the halls and up the stairs and missed the train which meant I had to wait over an hour for the next one to come!! :/ After traveling for 13 hours already, and only 2.5 hours of sleep…I was dead!! So I called Ryan from my Italiano phone and he called me back so we could talk longer. :) What a sweetie, especially because it was like 3am his time!! :) I was super frustrated for the entire morning because I forgot to mention that once I was at Termini, I took the wrong Metro because someone told me the wrong directions, so I went 30 minutes out of my way, which means if I would have had the right directions, I would have been on the earlier train. O well, everything happens for a reason, but I was just frustrated with myself, so talking to Ry calmed me down. :) After we hung up, the train came and before I knew it, I was back in VT by 4pm. 15 hours of travel…first big adventure done alone…interesting to say the least. Ha, but I am home safe and I cannot wait for tomorrow…mamma mia and Nanny are coming out!!! YAYYY!!! Ry called me when I got home and we talked for a bit and then I had a quick PBJ for ‘dinner’ and got ready for bed and was out of it by 7pm…up early tomorrow to pick them up Nan and mama mia at the airport….I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE FAMILY!!!!! :) Love and miss you all!! Ciao!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment