Friday, April 24, 2009

13.04.2009 - Monday

Abbey Road...in front of Georges house?? (or something like that)
Stonehenge!!

Our alarm went off at 7:30am this morning and I took a quick shower and then threw on some clothes and went downstairs and had the same bfast as yesterday morning and then I went back upstairs to finish getting ready for the day. We all planned on meeting downstairs at 9am so we could leave for Abbey Road before going to Stonehenge. Before 9am, I went downstairs and paid to get online so I could go onto RyanAir and change to pay for a carry on luggage. 10euros is better than 20 at the airport!! :/ Then we all met up and left to go to the Tube and once we got to this one stop (forgot the name) we got off and had to walk for about an hour before getting to Abbey Road. Once we got there, we only stayed for a few minutes because we had to get back because we already paid for Stonehenge and we weren’t missing that bus. We got onto a city bus and took it to the Tube station we need to be at to catch our bus. Since we took the city bus, we got back to the station early, so we had time to grab a bit to eat…mmm Subway!! Ha, I saw it and you know that bread smell…same one you smell in EVERY Subway you go to, I smelled it and it hit home for me, so I had to get the usual turkey/pepperoni!! :) Of course I made it a meal deal and wow are their chip bags tiny!! Ha, and out here, you only get one cookie, at home, in AZ, don’t you have the option of 2 cookies or one bag of chips?? Hmm…so ya, after lunch, we got on the bus to Stonehenge and on the way our bus driver pointed out lots of things to us. He pointed out these roof tops which was were Mary Poppins was filmed and he told us all about Stonehenge. Michael, the driver, was a nice older man. Once we got to Stonehenge, we had a hour to walk around. The stones were roped off, and you were directed to walk around them in a circle. They weren’t as big as I expected, but still very interesting!! I am so glad we made it out to see them because I really wanted to see them in person one day, and that day happened to be today!! :) After Stonehenge, we drove back to London and went to their “Time Square” – ha, it is pretty funny, but since I have never been to NY, I have no comparisons to talk about. One day, hopefully soon, I will!! :) We shopped for a bit and then went to grab a bit to eat. I ordered chicken fingers and French green beans. Yummy…they were really good beans, I liked!! After dinner, we got back on the Tube and went back to Russel Square. Next to the hotel, there is a store where I bought myself a shirt – bright neon colors saying “I love London” ha. Then the girls and I hung out in Amy and Beths room until 11pm and then I decided to go to bed because I had to wake up at 2am, taxi was coming for me at 2:30am because I had a 6am flight!! MATHONE!!! Tomorrow will be a LONG day of travel!!

Love and MISS you ALL!!

CHEERS!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment